What a sorry state of affairs. The UK is under attack again, and first impressions are that it's fellow brown skins who are behind it. The only reason we do not have mass casualties on our hands is luck, well luck and stupidity on part of the terrorists. I offer the following deep and insightful observations:
- When the first two cars were found, sterling actually rallied on the day and the FTSE posted a healthy gain. I wonder if the markets will put in a similarly robust performance on Monday's open.
- If this terrorism business carries on, it may be more difficult for brown skins such as myself to secure employment, not that I am trying.
- Gordon Brown's emergency address: Couldn't they find an alternative term to 'vigilence'. The Bank of England and European Central Bank have used this term endlessly in warning of their alertness to signs of rising inflation. Only market heads will know what I am talking about here.
- More on Gordon Brown's emergency address: Was he talking from number 10? If so, they really need to change their wallpaper: horrible, wide, vertical red stripes.
- These terrorist activities surely lessen my odds of ever securing membership of a traditional, stuffy golf club, at least at the margin. I realise this long-term goal is more of a fantasy, especially considering the state of my golf game (a poor short game, and no long game to speak of).